Vinyl flooring Malaysia
If you are looking for hardwood flooring for your home or office but don’t want to break the bank in your new renovations, Vinyl flooring might be a great solution to your revamping needs.
And while vinyl flooring consists of images of hardwood plastered onto vinyl, it’s engineered in such a way that it’s just as durable and sturdy as wood but pocket friendly and easier to maintain.
What Makes Up Vinyl Flooring
Vinyl flooring is made up of a combination of plasticizers, polyvinyl chloride and pigments which add a touch of color to the material. Another important characteristic is that it’s very flexible, non-porous and seamlessly textured making this flooring material very soft in comparison to other more traditional flooring options.
Why Vinyl Flooring Is Right for You
Vinyl’s durability and resilience can be compared to none. However, much of the flooring durability is dependent on the installation process, if done in the right way, it can create sturdy long lasting flooring or a hundred plus years to come.
Aside from its durability, it provides very comfortable flooring most probably because of the no-slip sheets that are attached to the actual vinyl sheets. Plus the planks themselves are super flexible making it very comfortable to walk or stand on.
Very Easy To Clean
Another factor that contributes to vinyl’s soaring popularity among homeowners is that it provides cleanliness and hygiene. Vinyl flooring is moisture resistant and as such, you don’t expect to find mold, bacteria or any stains on the flooring all of which are very easy to find on carpets or traditional flooring.
Additionally, as long as you mop up any spills as soon as they occur, you shouldn’t expect any stubborn stains to ruin your vinyl flooring. This will leave your floors clean, not only on the outside but also on the outside making them safe for your kids or pets.
This is bound to be one of your best flooring investment. Vinyl flooring is significantly inexpensive in comparison to other flooring material and it’s also very easy to install which makes DIY a very real possibility one which most homeowners with basic tools and the know-how can take on.
Again, with proper installation and maintenance, chances are that you won’t need to replace the flooring for a very long time and this will definitely help you save some cash.
There Is Variety
When it comes to vinyl flooring, it’s not a one size fits all affair. There are plenty of patterns, style, thickness and even protection grades to choose from.
- Pattern and color– With vinyl flooring, you are spoilt for choice when it comes to patterning and color. From rugged and natural beauty of earth stones to stylish and classic ceramic pieces to very warm and inviting patterns of hardwood, vinyl flooring offers all the visual aesthetics you are looking for and so much more at an affordable price too. There are also plenty of colors to go with this array of patterns, from cool colors for a sophisticated renovation, bright colors to add some cheer and warm colors for a more natural and hominess feel.
- Style– A few years ago, vinyl flooring was usually cut from rolls of material. However with cutting edge equipment that we have today, there are a variety of styles in the market that are appropriate for different needs and different spaces. For instance, there are easy to install vinyl flooring floorboards which like the laminate flooring are installed in a tongue and groove fashion complete with click and snap locking systems. Alternatively there are vinyl tiles flooring that you can snap together or glue to the underlayment.
- Thickness– There is a variety of thickness both for the glue down vinyl planks and the floating vinyl floor boards that are engineered almost like laminate flooring. For high traffic rooms or spaces, thick vinyl planks with thick core and wear layers make for a sturdy floor. Thinner vinyl flooring can be installed in virtually any room in the house. They are very easy to install and maintain. Again, you can play around with different patterns and design without having to worry so much about the thickness.
- Protection rating– Vinyl floorings are coated with protective wear layers that protect against moisture, scratches, sunlight and other products that could potentially do some damage to your flooring. These wear layers are graded into three; advanced, intermediate and basic protection. This has enabled homeowners to pick out a vinyl flooring that offers the best protection depending on how the room or space is used.
- Advanced protection– Typically, this vinyl flooring is suitable for commercial spaces and even residential settings that get tones of traffic. The wear layer is 0.5mm or thicker and comes in a commercial warranty of 7 years and residential one that lasts for 25 years. Advanced protection protects your flooring from denting, abrasions, staining and wear and tear from everyday hustles and bustles.
- Intermediate protection– Vinyl floorings with this type of protection rating are ideal for light commercial spaces and residential installations. This protection rating provides moderate insulation that is compatible with small kids, pets, stains and moderate traffic. The wear layer is 0.3-0.5 mm thick with a residential warranty that last for about 15 years.
- Basic protection– Vinyl flooring of this caliber is best suited for residential spaces with minimal traffic areas such as bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms or guest rooms and any space that doesn’t encounter lots of stress. The thickness on this wear layer is 0.3 mm offering a 10 year warranty or more.
Like other flooring options, vinyl flooring can be coupled with accessories to complete the space renovation. Maintenance toolkit, baseboards and moisture barriers are just but a few of the things that can go a long way into ensuring that your vinyl flooring lasts for a very long time and still look just as beautiful as the first day you bought it.