Your kitchen has to be one of the high traffic areas in your room making it prone to wear and tear not to mention frequent kitchen spills from food, fluids and other sticky messes. This makes cleaning your kitchen floor an unavoidable task. However, this task doesn’t have to be daunting. Whether you are carrying out a general cleaning or just a regular sprucing up, cleaning your kitchen floor is quiet easy. From hardwood, laminate, vinyl to ceramic tile, below is a guideline on how to clean these different types of kitchen floors including special cleaners you should use to keep your kitchen looking fresh and spick and span.
How To Clean Your Vinyl Kitchen Floors
Vinyl is arguably the most common kitchen flooring material in use in most modern kitchen today. However, they are very easy to clean. For common kitchen messes such as grease, food or other spills it’s important to clear the stain immediately with a damp paper towel particularly with vinyl floors. Allowing these spills to set in and even dry makes it nearly impossible to clean out. For the cleaning process you will need; A broom, warm water, mild dish detergent, mop, brush with soft bristles, Armstrong Once N Done No Rinse floor cleaner, a bucket and clean towels.
- Start the cleaning process by sweeping the floor. You can use a vacuum to ensure that you flush out any dirt in the kitchen corners or under kitchen equipment.
- Mop the floor using the warm water laced with the special cleaner appropriate for vinyl floors or vinegar. Take care not to use abrasive cleaners as this can easily blemish the delicate flooring.
- For the stubborn spots, you can use a softly bristle brush and mop or soft cloth. Putting in some elbow grease, gently scrub the stain off.
- Use clean towels to mop up any moisture and ensure the floor is completely dry before walking on it.
- If the floor is still dirty, use Armstrong Once N Done No Rinse floor cleaner to clear out the stubborn stains. Directions for use are on the package.
How To Clean Your Ceramic Tile Floors
Ceramic tiles make for durable and very easy to maintain floors. Below are tips on how to clean this flooring.
- Start of by sweeping or vacuuming the floor paying attention to kitchen corners and under kitchen appliances.
- Mop the floor using warm water. You can add a mild dish detergent to clean out any sticky spots on the floor. Finally rinse the floor.
- Allow the floor to dry completely before using it again.
How To Clean Laminate Floors
Laminates provide the same aesthetic appeal and durability as hardwood flooring minus the extra cost of installation and maintenance that come with hardwood. The key to maintaining laminate flooring is to avoid soaking it in excess water as this can make it warp.
- Sweep or vacuum the floor
- Mop water using warm water and vinegar solution. Rinse the mop thoroughly before using it.
- Allow floor to air dry before using it again.
How To Clean Hardwood Floor
Even though hardwood is durable, it’s not water resistant and it stains easily or warps when it gets in contact with moisture.
- Sweep the floor.
- Use a microfiber cloth and hardwood cleaner to clean the floor. Do not pour any liquid over the flooring.
Below is the related topics you can refer: